Background

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16

The other night I went to bed and Riley was laying on my pillow and he just looked so cute. I didn't even move him off of it because he looked so sweet. I let Riley sleep in my bed when Josh has to work. I know I probably shouldn't, but I do. :) I say that as Josh is currently home tonight and trying to get Riley to go to bed in his own bed. Josh just gave up and he is now in my bed. :) I know I have probably ruined him, but I don't care. I like having him next to me when Josh is not home.

Last night though, he went right to sleep in his own bed. He only stayed there for about 2 hours and then came to my bed. Funny story...when he first came to my bed, he brought a blanket that was laying at the end of his bed. He wanted me to cover him up, so I did. He kept throwing a fit and saying "blankie, blankie". I knew what he wanted, but he figured out that I was not going to get up and get the blankie he really wanted, so he got down, trotted to his bedroom, grabbed his 2 favorite blankies and his baby doll, and came right back to bed with me. I covered him up and he was out. It is so funny how they get attached to things at such a young age. I guess his blankies and his baby just comfort him....Mommy laying next to him probably doesn't hurt either. :) I may not be the best Mom and follow all the rules, but I am going to enjoy every moment that Riley sleeps in my bed. I know those days won't last long...cherish it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did the same thing Abrah! Kyle worked nights for the first two years of Braxtons life. It did ruin him, but I didn't care. It is not like they are going to be sleeping with us when they are ten, right? I still like to rock Carter to sleep. They just grow up too fast!
By the way...if you ever feel you are a bad mom, just ask me...I have probably done the same thing!

- Mighty B said...

Ditto what Brittany said! Riley slept in his bed for maybe three nights...and he's back in our bed. I can't think of anything sweeter than when he rolls over to go to sleep, kisses my arm and says, "I love you mommy". I want to record those moments so I'll have them to remember when he's a teenager slamming doors!

I'm pretty sure that NONE of us follow the "rules" and all our kids will be just fine!