So finally yesterday I got to go see Carley and give her Christmas present to her. It was a long time coming since I have been working on this for like 3 months! I had intended on giving it to her before Christmas, but that didn't happen. She went back to work this week, so I brought her dinner over with her present. For those of you who don't know, I made her a recipe box. I had her family and friends send me recipes so she got a FULL recipe box! Thank you to all of you who either got me recipes or sent me some of your own. She ended up with over 60 recipes from family and friends! She will become Betty Crocker before you know it! She loved it!I also made the recipe dividers....thanks Chelsea for letting me borrow this stamp set. I might have to purchase it myself! Here is a shot of all 6 of the dividers. I loved this present. I think it would make a really good wedding gift too! After I got done with her dividers, I really wanted to make some for myself. I thought they turned out really well. I also used the stamp set Baroque Motifs, which is one my all time favorite sets. I think it is so elegant looking. Do you like? I hope Carley will think of all of you when making your recipes....or as she said, "Curt can read just as well as I can". I guess she is expecting Curt to do a little cooking as well. :)








3 comments:
Cute, I would take some of those for my upcoming bday. Just FYI.
very cute! thanks for the offer to watch the kiddos...although you might not want more children if you watch them all!!
These are beautiful! You could sell those on Etsy.com... have you ever been to that site? It's like a bunch of little artist's stores on-line... all handmade everything. Very cool! You should look into it... I think you could really make some $ on these :) I'm thinking of starting my own little store on there and advertising my design work and some of my random photos, as well as all my other crafty ideas I randomly come up with --- it's VERY cheap! What a great gift idea, though... Go Abrah!
Post a Comment