Background

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

$287 Day!

So yesterday, I lost the only set of car keys I had. I lost them at work of all places. Half of the staff spent a very large portion of their day helping me search for my keys. They even helped me dig through every trash bag in the dumpster! It just drove me crazy because I know they are there somewhere! I decided to give up and just hope they turned up over night. Well, I got to work today and they still were nowhere to be found. This one single key...guess how much it costs to get it replaced...you guessed it! $286.99! First I had to have the dealership make a key off of my VIN number and then send a towing service with the key to come unlock my doors and tow my car to the dealership. They were then able to make me a new key for a whopping total of $286.99! That was a really expensive day!

I thought I was having the worst day ever until Mom called me at work with a prayer concern for one of her friends and her family. God really put my day into perspective! I was able to fix my day and my problems with 287 dollars. There must have been tons of people out there at that very moment that would pay 2000 times that much in order to fix their day and the bad things that had happened to them and their families that day. I am thankful that I could fix it with such a small amount of money. I am thankful that my day could be fixed for 287 dollars. Pray for those days that can't be fixed with money and be thankful for the little things that can. Think twice next time before you get upset over something that seems like a big deal, but when put into perspective really isn't a big deal at all.


Thank you to everyone who helped me search for my keys...and to Josh for not getting mad at me...just picked me up from work, dropped me back off again today, and arranged everything for me to get my car back. xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, that may have been the sweetest entry ever. Thanks for putting my bad day into perspective. And thank you for being the kind of daughter and son that make me so blessed. This is a time to be especially thoughtful of blessings and gifts. And a sense of humor, Josh.