Background

Thursday, February 26, 2009

That's what thieves get...


Yesterday I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. I was just finishing up paying at the pharmacy when I look over at Riley and he quickly grabbed a bag of candy off the shelf. He saw that I was looking and took off running in the opposite direction. He was trying to run away from me so fast that he fell down. He fell just in time to crash his head onto the wire rack that holds the shopping baskets. He of course made a big scene and we had to get doctored up by the pharmacy technician. She put a bandaid on his head to stop the bleeding down his face, gave him an icepack, and 2 suckers. Is this how a thief should be treated!?! :) He of course took the bandaid off as soon as we got in the car. It continued to bleed for about three hours! When we got home he needed to take a nap so I put another one on to keep the blood off the bed. He of course made me put two bandaids on. Apparently he needed to be symmetrical! I was able to take the one bandaid off last night, but just tonight he let me take the other one off. That wound needed some oxygen or it was never going to heal. That's what rotten children get I guess. :) I am not looking forward to the day that he can run much faster than me. I may have a shoplifter on my hands! :)

6 comments:

Micah said...

hahaha....can't wait to see that rotten boy!

Unknown said...

Pitiful. Just how Jesse James got started.

Anonymous said...

That story is pretty hilarious!!! I'm also loving the fact that Riley took the only picture of Jayden you own. I enjoy that you still used it here. Haha. :)

Anonymous said...

glad he is doing fine now---he is a cutie

Chelsea Corwin said...

Hahaha. that is too funny. can't wait to see him this weekend!

Tasha said...

Aww,poor little guy!It never pays to run.It was so good to see you last Saturday.Take care!