Okay, so I have been posting a day behind, and it is really driving Josh nuts, so I am posting today's happenings as well. Again, not nearly as productive as other days, but we are getting old and run out of energy.
Today we first worked on Riley's playset. It needed a new tarp on the top so we took the old one off and put on a nice new green and yellow one. I swear the tarp came that way, we did not special order a John Deere tarp or anything...although Josh is going to look into getting two yellow John Deere decals to put in the middle of the green section. :) Josh also had to replace quite a few of the spindle things. Riley also got a new wheel so he could drive, but it's on the inside and you can't see it. We went to Menard's and got him some new swings, so those should get put up tomorrow. After that, his play area is done for a while.
Riley and I planted some seeds inside, but there were really getting too big for the little tiny trays, so we transplanted them into bigger pots.
And here are their new homes. Riley did attack them with the hose while I went inside, so we will see if any of them survive. :)
To end with a funny story...
Yesterday we went to Big Lots to get Riley some sandbox toys and we were at the checkout (and we all know how social my son is) and Riley started talking to the cashier. The end of the conversation went a little something like this:
Riley: "Where is your house?"
Cashier: "My house? My house is all the way in Kokomo."
Riley: "Oh Really! My girlfriend lives in Kokomo."
What?! Where does he come up with these things?
All day he kept telling me he was driving his ship to Kokomo. He is so funny!
3 comments:
I bet he picked up "my girlfriend lives in Kokomo" from Josh. Just sayin'.
I don't know Ryan, maybe if he had said "one of my girlfriends..." ;)
House looks great and I'm super-jealous of your garden (and tractor)!
I think he was talking about me. I'm the girlfriend in Kokomo :)
Post a Comment