Unfortunately it is Sunday and it's back to work tomorrow. It has been a fun week spending time with Riley and Josh and I wish it could last a little bit longer. We also had an absolutely beautiful week off weather wise and I am so thankful for that. Josh ended up having to work and Riley decided to end the week (or start off a new week) by waking up at 8am a complete grump! We proceeded to get ready for church and he proceeded to be a huge grump. I thought things would get better as the day went on because the church was having a skating party for the kids. Nope, Riley was a huge grump there too and didn't even take a full lap around. He was being mean to other kids and throwing a fit every chance he got, so we left after only being there an hour. I thought for sure that he might fall asleep on the way home but nope, that didn't happen. I even took every country road I could driving 30 mile an hour thinking if I take longer he will eventually fall asleep. Nope. We went home and he continued to be a grump.
Okay, for some reason we have had WAY too much bread this week. I actually bought these dessert pretzels a long time ago. They looked appetizing at the time and they have just been sitting in the fridge. Riley was such a grump (did I mention that already) that I decided to make them because he LOVES to cook. Do you see the cheesy grin on his face?! He loved making these and they were way easier than the homemade pretzels. They came in a can at ALDI and they tasted just like a cinnamon roll. I probably won't buy them again because honestly I'd rather have the cinnamon roll. :)
To top the day off with more bread, Riley and I made homemade pizza and breadsticks. I usually put wheat flour in my crust, but I tried a new recipe tonight so I thought I would be bad and just use white flour. They were yummy and honestly had a very similar taste to pizza huts breadsticks. I think we are done with the bread items for a while and I should probably get thawing out some meat to grill tomorrow and possibly raid the fridge for some veggies! I can't help it Riley loves to cook. I was just trying to keep him happy...
P.S.--don't expect a post everyday next week. :)
4 comments:
Send that little booger out here if you need a break!
Would you mind sharing the breadstick recipe??
Riley's not "grumpy"... he's "growing"! Okay, maybe he was a little grumpy yesterday... :)
abrah---email me at pogiejo57@yahoo.com---interested in the cinnamon pretzels and a recipe for the other ones you made--
Thanks
Post a Comment