Sunday and Monday we relaxed and then Tuesday rolled around and we got to work! We had a whole list of things to get done this week, but the weather has been so nice, that mainly only the outside things will probably get done. Plus, once you start one project, somehow it leads right into another project that is not on the list. Oh well, we have been outside enjoying the sunshine and Riley is loving every minute of it...as well as Josh and I. Josh and Riley are both the kind that want to be outside every waking moment and with weather like this, they are doing their best to do so. This morning I got up and couldn't find Josh. He was outside on the porch eating his cereal. He loves it!
Plowing the garden made the list yesterday. Josh loves any excuse to get the tractor out. :) This is Riley and Josh starting to plow while I dug all the old nasty sand out of the sandbox so we could put new sand in...this time with a lid so it doesn't become a giant kitty litter box again.
The garden is under way....a full picture to come later after it gets tilled up. The garden is going to be HUGE and I am so excited! Although, not too terribly excited about the HUGE amount of work it will take.
Next, on to the sandbox. The play ground stuff is all in the back of the house where there are very few windows and a place that I never am, so we moved it to the front of the house where there are a ton of windows. The easiest way was to hook it to the tractor and drag it because those tractor tires are heavy!
New location in the front of the house...see all the windows on this side?! Plus the windows are the kitchen and living rooms, not the laundry room and spare bedroom. We just got the new sand today, so you will see that on tomorrow's post.
The tractor tire moving went so well that Josh thought that we might as well hook the playset up to the tractor and drag that too. That also worked like a gem! I forgot to take a picture of the set in the front of the house so that will happen at another date. We plan to make some repairs to the set tomorrow so I will show you that later too.
I think we've been pretty productive for "vacation". I would also like to point out Booker in every picture. He is the best dog. He literally stays right with you wherever you go. We moved here and he hardly goes past the property line unless you are out there with him. He follows Riley around on his little four wheeler and everything. The other day I looked out and Josh took Riley for a ride on the tractor out in the field to go talk to one of the farmers and Booker was right there beside the tractor just following along. Thanks for being such a great dog Booker!
4 comments:
This brings back so many memories of life in the country when you were little. (No antique tractor.) Enjoy these days. They pass in a heartbeat.
Abrah!!! Is this your new house?? I love it so much!! Your new garden makes my two sad window boxes full of tomato plants look really lame. I can't wait to see more! Love ya!
I think you should have moved the windows to the back of the house instead. They're much lighter.
Who's the productive mama now?? I love the second picture with Booker peeking in from the side. Like he was just waiting for you to snap the picture so he could stick his head right there. :-)
Post a Comment