Background

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fair Oaks Dairy





Last week I took a vacation day and we went up to Fair Oaks Dairy. If you have never been there, I suggest you go! It is a lot of fun for kids, but also very interesting for adults. Riley loved it! The only thing he didn't like was that he couldn't go touch the cows. :) We then went up to Valparaiso and stayed the night at the Hampton Inn there in Valpo. It was a beautiful hotel and just got done with a remodel. You will notice lots of pictures of the hotel, but that is mainly for my boss so nevermind those. Joe and Mary came with us and they wanted to head up to the Cabela's in Hammond. Riley had a lot of fun their too! They have lots of animals for him to look at and a HUGE fish tank. He also had a lot of fun with shooting the guns. I think we spent about 4 hours in the store and the only thing that saved us was the escalators. I think Riley went up and down that thing like 500 times! We all took turns going up and down with him. If it weren't for the escalator, we probably would not have been able to be in there for that long. To finish off the trip we stopped at Bailey's discount center on the way home. That place can have some good deals if you have hours to hunt for them, but overall I thought it was just a really big garage sale. They did have some decent furniture and cabinetry, but the rest was junk. I did however find a few pieces of junk that I needed. :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great time. We have been wanting to go to Fair Oaks but have never made it, I will try harder to go now. We LOVE Bailys, I think you just have to be in the mood to dig. Its a great place to get laundry detergent if nothing else.

- Mighty B said...

We had a really bad experience with Bailey's furniture! Buyer beware!! My hubby is from that neck of the woods!

Tom Paul said...

Sounds like a fun time and everyone survived. I am sure it is nice to get away sometimes.

Melissa said...

I have been wondering about Bailey's and have wanted to get up there. Good info to know...we have heard both good and bad about the place. Glad you had a fun family day! See ya Sat.