Background

Friday, October 24, 2008

Big Boy Bed


I know, I know...I have really been slacking with the blogging lately! I finally downloaded some of my pictures off of my camera. I had them backed up all the way from August! Now it is time to do a little catching up, so stay tuned for lots of new posts! On to my current post...

Riley's big boy bed!

This post is in support of Bethany and her struggle with getting her son Riley to sleep in his own bed. Back in August we took the front of his crib off so now he has a "daybed". Riley would not sleep in his own bed and it would take me forever to get him to go to sleep while laying beside him for hours! Now that Josh is on nights, I just got tired of it one night and decided that Riley would need to learn to put himself to bed. So........I locked him in his room! Aweful Mom I know, but he really only cried for about 5 minutes and then finally crawled back in his bed and went to sleep. The next night he cried for about a minute and the third night he didn't make a peep...just went to sleep. Most nights he still doesn't cry, just goes to sleep...with the lights on of course and then I come in later and turn the lights off. :) I guess he would rather sleep with the lights on. He doesn't last all night in his bed, but at least he puts himself to sleep. Here are a few pictures of him back in August getting ready to go to sleep. Hang in there Bethany, it will get better. Just enjoy those moments with him in your bed. :) It won't last long!




Riley always has to have his "blankie" and "baby". Kathy White made him a yellow blanket that he has picked as his favorite and Mom made him a Raggedy Andy doll that he calls "baby" that he also must sleep with. Whatever works!


Riley is off to bed!

1 comment:

- Mighty B said...

So funny! It hasn't come to that just yet - but tonight is Jeff's turn and he is really giving him a hard time! I'm going to lock MYSELF in my bedroom!

I love the colors in Riley J.'s room!