Background

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crazy

Well, today was crazy hair day for "Say No to Drugs" week.  This was just the beginning of the crazies today...

Riley told Micah he felt like he was going to throw up on the way to school.  I told her to make him try to go to the bathroom to see if that helped.  He came back and said he was fine, so on to school he went.  Riley told me that he kept telling his teacher that he didn't feel good, but she didn't feel a fever, so at school he stayed...until about 2:15.  They had their fall party today at 1:45 and apparently Riley threw up everywhere in his classroom.  I get a call from the school and our conversation goes a little something like this:

Nurse: Riley threw up everywhere in his classroom.  They were having their fall party, and he told me he was allergic to sugar, so maybe that's why he threw up.
Me: Wait? What? Who told you he was allergic to sugar?
Nurse: He did.
Me: No, that is false information.
Nurse: So he is able to have sugar?
Me: Yes. I'll come get him

That kid sometimes.  I don't know where he gets his stories.  I asked him when I picked him up why he said that he was allergic to sugar, and he says (holding his stomach) "I think I was..."  That pretty much ended his "Crazy" day at school.  :)

No comments: