
The Story of the Stinky Suite....the title of the chapter in the book I'm reading. Speaking Mom-ese, Moments of Peace & Inspiration in the Mother Tongue by Lisa Whelchel. Yesterday was one of those days! Riley is sick so I had to stay home with him and it was just one of those days where you would rather be at work than home with a sick very cranky baby! I was almost at my whits end by 9 am...nap time couldn't come fast enough. After trying to get my cranky baby to sleep for an hour and a half, he finally gave up about 11:30! God must have known that I really needed a break, because he slept until 3:00!!!!!!!! I was able to lay down with him for a little bit and then I woke up and just read while my sleeping baby laid next to me. The chapter in the devotional book I'm reading right now was about laughing in the face of life's attempts to steal your joy. Yesterday was definitely a joy stealer! I told God the things I was stressed about and then gave them to him. In turn he gave me a napping baby for 3 1/2 hours! How Awesome! Instead of dreading the day home with a cranky, sick child, I should instead be thankful that he is healthy and I got one more day to stay home with him. Other things I'm thankful for: 1. A Mimi who could take care of my baby until I could get him into the doctor so that I could go to work. 2. An understanding boss who knows taking care of my baby has to come before work. 3. A husband who works hard to allow me to stay home with him all but 3 days a week. 4. A baby who can erase all the terrible days with one rotten smile and a kiss. 5. A God to take away all my burdens and stresses. Riley pictured above with his bedhead after his nap eating lunch at 3:30. :) Have a great day all and don't let anyone or anything take away your joy!
2 comments:
Hey...good blog for the day. Sounds like a good devotional book. Enjoy your day off today and I hope that Riley is starting to feel better!!! Love ya, chels
sounds like you and I have had the same kindof week! I think God gives them the cutest smile to erase the bad moments :) Good thing! Hope you both have a better end to your week!
Post a Comment